9 September 2015

Stepping Out

I'm very happy to return to blogging with this set of images taken a few days ago. The floral print top is from the V & A Collection by Oasis (Part 2), which features lots of covetable pieces showcasing real art prints. Although it wasn't my intention to invest in any new summer pieces at this stage of the season, I just adored this top when I saw it, and I'm hopeful I will wear it on many occasions. However, judging from the early autumn we seem to be having here, I may have to wait until next year to wear it again. This seemed like a good enough reason to capture some images of it now. I also donned my faithful embellished combat trousers, and ballet pumps.
I recently braved my fear of hairdressers and had my hair cut too, but it's not very noticeable. I asked for a simple trim and subtle layers through the front, and kept most of the length, remaining loyal to my preferred style. The trouble is, once I get in the hairdresser's chair, I feel quite tense, and I can't resist interfering and giving them advice on how to handle my hair. I think this reflects my need to be in charge in general, as I love to do everything myself, and have a really precise attitude. However, I don't think this leads to a very carefree temperament, so spontaneity is something I'm working on and trying to embrace. :)

I hope you're enjoying the inbetween-y weather and having a good September so far. Stay tuned for an exciting blog post later this month, which will offer lots of helpful hints on taking your own outfit images!





Top - Oasis
Trousers - Asos
Shoes - BHS
Hair clip - gift from a friend (similar)
Bag - Amazon (similar)
Necklace - Vintage, Ebay 

Related post
Chasing the Light


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous as always, Saba!

    Terry
    http://styleofterry.tumblr.com
    http://terrystwocents.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Terry! I'm glad you like the look!

      Delete
  2. That top looks so beautiful on you, Saba. The entire ensemble is adorable!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your super-sweet comment. I'm glad you like it. :)

      Xx

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful look! I just love those silvery flats and the print on the blouse is just beautiful! Hope you're going to have an amazing weekend :)


    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia! Thank you so much for dropping by and for your lovely comment. I'm very happy you like my outfit. Happy Friday to you as well!

      ((Hugs))

      Delete
  4. That top is beautiful. I'm sure you'll get plenty of opportunities to wear it in the future. I live all the details in you outfit, like that gorgeous swan clasped purse and lovey necklace.
    http://sublimecravings.com/blog-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikayla! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, it's very sweet of you. Thank you for taking the time to visit. Hope to talk more soon!

      Saba x

      Delete